On Fri, 26 Jun 1998 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> First ODBC scheme is connect - run query - get data - disconnect.
> You have to get data as IO action unless you incorporate all these
> scheme within unsafePerformIO call. Otherwise you will be surprised
> getting data before running query.

What I am saying is that you can partition your database access into
statements that change the database and statements that just query
its state. As an implementation matter, I would expect that the database
query statements do use unsafeperformIO and foreign pointers.  I am just
saying the a programmer using the ODBC library does not need to see
that.

-Alex-
S. Alexander Jacobson                   i2x Media
1-212-697-0184 voice                    1-212-697-1427 fax