Hi Tim,

>The Haskell Server page claims that one advantage of COM is that it
>"ships for free with windows". This suggests that the existence of a
>genuinely free CORBA ORB has been overlooked.
>
>IMHO ignoring CORBA is cutting Haskell off from the open software
>world (including about 7 million Linux users), and from those
>who dislike/fear Microsoft or just want a non-proprietary standard.

We have been blinded by the MS propaganda I guess, but now I agree with you
completely that we are missing a big market by doing only COM so a CORBA
binding is now high on my priority list. As Sigbjorn said in his reply, it
is hard to decide which ORB to use, and I did not know about omniORB.

Great new project for the new academic year!

Erik