We held a meeting about Haskell 98 at ICFP; then I had
quite a bit of subsequent discussion with various groups.
We agreed that
* The name of the language will be Haskell 98.
* I will publish proposed decisions (this message)
* I will publish a draft Report (early Nov)
* I will get feedback about the Report from the Haskell list
* We will complete by Christmas 98
The way we will be sure that the process will converge
is by dictatorship: if a consensus hasn't emerged, then
I am supposed to decide. (I specifically checked that this
plan is what the ICFP meeting wanted; it is.)
The proposed decisions are at
Comments to me directly ([EMAIL PROTECTED]), or the Haskell mailing
Simon Peyton Jones