I really don't like the fact that the unary "-" is special in Haskell.
I propose that along with infix operators, Haskell support prefix and
postfix operators.  The negative function could be renamed to, randomly,
%-.

I also suggest that the operators be divided into categories, and their
names based on their categories (e.g. a % prefix might indicate that the
operator deals with monads).  This way, it would be somewhat easier to
tell what operator came from where, remember the operators, avoid
operator name clashes, etc. This would just add some simplifying
conventions, not change the language itself in any way.
--

Remove "NOSPAM" to reply.