Folks,

I have now completed the draft report on Haskell 98, both language and
libraries.  I have dated them both 'Draft: 1 Dec 1998'.

You can find them at

        http://research.microsoft.com/users/simonpj/Haskell/haskell98.html

There's an allegedly-complete list of changes, along with the reports.

I would be enormously grateful for your help in eliminating typos,
inconsistencies, and outright errors from the draft.  Policy decisions
may also be re-visited, in the light of the now-rather-stable context,
but needless to say I will be reluctant to re-open any major issue.

Please send info on typos and errors to me; send significant policy matters
to the Haskell list.

The idea is to publish a frozen version on 1 Jan 1999. Even then I propose
to call that version "Haskell 98 beta" so that any outright errors can
be corrected.

Simon