Over the past few months, I've been putting together a type checker for
Haskell that is also written in Haskell.  One of the goals of this
project was to obtain a program that was clear and concise enough to serve:

 - As a formal specification of the Haskell 98 type system;

 - As a testbed for experimenting with future extensions of the type
   system.

To meet these goals, the type checker must be consistent with the Haskell
community's interpretation of the Haskell report, and it should be presented
in whatever way (or ways) will best support future experimentation.  I am
therefore very keen to get feedback and suggestions on these or other points.

The type checker is currently available in the form of a 14 page paper that
can be downloaded from http://www.cse.ogi.edu/~mpj/thih/.  Various formats
are available, and a source code distribution will be added soon.  (It will
be distributed as free software.)

Please send comments directly to me ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) and I will summarize
to the list if appropriate.  I will be away next week, but look forward to
seeing any responses, either before I go, or when I return.

Thanks,
Mark