"Frank A. Christoph" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>Please elucidate. Where does this difference become important? What impact
>did it have on the language?

It is definitely important in parallel processing, where you may want to
spawn off activities speculatively, to utilize idle processors, and kill off
these activities later if it is discovered that their results are not
needed. This yields nonstrict behaviour if implemented correctly, but it is
not lazy.

Björn Lisper