__   __ __  __  ____   ___     _________________________________________
||   || ||  || ||  || ||__     Hugs 98: Based on the Haskell 98 Standard
||___|| ||__|| ||__||  __||    Copyright (c) 1994-1999
||---||         ___||          World Wide Web: http://haskell.org/hugs
||   ||                        Report bugs to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
||   || Version: May 1999      _________________________________________

   We are pleased to announce a new release of Hugs, a Haskell
   interpreter and programming environment for developing cool
   Haskell programs.  Sources and binaries are freely available
   by anonymous FTP and on the World-Wide Web.  The release and
   supporting documents can be downloaded from the Hugs home page
   at: http://haskell.org/hugs

   This release is largely conformant with Haskell 98, including
   monad and record syntax, newtypes, strictness annotations, and
   modules.  In addition, it comes packaged with the libraries defined
   in the most recent version of the Haskell Library Report and with
   extension libraries that are compatible with GHC 3.0 and later.

   Additional features of the system include:

   o "Import chasing": a single module may be loaded, and Hugs will
     chase down all imports as long as module names are the same as
     file names and the files are found in the current path.

   o A simple GUI for Windows to facilitate program development.

   o Library extensions to support concepts such as concurrency,
     mutable variables and arrays, monadic parsing, tracing (for
     debugging), graphics, and lazy state threads.

   o A Win32 library for complete access to windows, graphics, and
     other important OS functionalities and a graphics library for
     easy access to Win32 graphics.

   o A "foreign interface" mechanism to facilitate interoperability
     with C.

   Hugs is best used as a Haskell program development system: it boasts
   extremely fast compilation, supports incremental compilation, and
   has the convenience of an interactive interpreter (within which one
   can move from module to module to test different portions of a
   program).  However, being an interpreter, it does not nearly match
   the run-time performance of, for example, GHC or HBC.

   Send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] to join the hugs-users
   mailing list.  Bug reports should be sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   Send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] to subscribe to the
   hugs-bugs list.

   The home page for Hugs is at http://www.haskell.org/hugs.

 Hugs 98 is Copyright (c) Mark P Jones, Alastair Reid and the Yale Haskell
 Group 1994-99, and is distributed as Open Source software under the
 Artistic License; see the file "Artistic" that is included in the
 distribution for details.