Ian Jackson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  writes on Clean
on  9 Jan 2000

> [..]
> many other people there are some serious problems with using a
> language whose only implementation is not free software[1].
>
> Why should anyone want to tie themselves to a language with only one
> implementation, where you don't get the source code, where the
> provider insists that you may not share it (or your improvements to
> it) with others, where you are dependent on a corporation for support
> and which isn't available on all the platforms you might work on ?

I told this to many people. Nobody appreciated.
A  C  implementation without sources, it does have sense.
But Clean, or even Haskell ones do not.
I mean, for the users that design serious programs.
Because to forget of the tool sources, one needs several highly reliable
implementations.
Once I had lost more that one year of programming after the tool
developers stopped the support, with a couple of nasty bugs remaining.

Sergey Mechveliani
[EMAIL PROTECTED]