On Wed, 19 Jul 2000, S. Alexander Jacobson wrote:

> * the codebase needs to be production qualty (handle millions of hits
> per day)
> * there should be a network of users (or a support organization) running
> and supporting the software

Hi,

I think most of the Haskell libraries found on www.haskell.org have this
"experimental" flavour which makes serious application development a risky
undertaking. Beyond that you need the always evolving extentions in GHC to
write real world applications. The latter will hopefully change with a new
Haskell standard, but the libraries will always suffer from being
prototype implementations of good ideas. My suggestion is to divide the
library section into two distinct areas: One for industrial-strength and
complete libraries that will remain stable as long as Haskell lives and
one for the rest. This might even motivate people to complete their
libraries in order that it might move into the "industrial" section.

Greetings,
Axel Simon.