Richard,

| for almost a year now, it has been on my list of things to do to read
| thih.  for reasons too detailed to get into now, except to say that I
| still use a 486 computer (sans printer) at home, I find reading dvi, ps
| and pdf inconvenient and tend to postpone reading them whereas I tend to
| read text and html docs right away.

So why didn't you ask almost a year ago instead of waiting all this time
to complain?  I haven't provided an HTML version before because I didn't
think that it would be useful, and nobody ever wrote to tell me otherwise
... until now.

For you, and for anyone else who would like an HTML version, please make
your way to the thih web page (http://www.cse.ogi.edu/~mpj/thih/) where
you'll find a freshly generated version of thih in HTML.  (Be aware that
the conversion to HTML may have introduced errors; I found and fixed one,
but perhaps there are more.  The pdf file is still the most strongly
recommended version for reading or printing.)

All the best,
Mark