This announces availability of an early phase of my Semantic Web inferencing skeleton in Haskell (Swish), which has been posted on my web site at:

  http://www.ninebynine.org/Software/Intro.html#Swish  (links)
  http://www.ninebynine.org/Software/Swish-0.1.zip     (software source+doc)
  http://www.ninebynine.org/Software/swish-0.1.html    (documentation)

For Semantic Web information, see:
  http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/

This first phase is mainly a platform for future development, consisting of:
- A data types and functions for manipulating RDF models,
  with a simple interface for creating, combining, accessing and
  comparing RDF graphs
- A Notation3 parser.  Notation3 is an alternative syntax for RDF, easier
  than RDF/XML: for some purposes.  For information, see:
    http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Notation3.html
    http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/doc/
- A basic Notation3 formatter
- A command-line utility for testing the above
- Numerous test programs

The code's a bit tacky (by Haskell standards) but it does seem to work pretty reliably. It has been tested with the Hugs and GHC Haskell systems.

As it stands, it doesn't do much other than testing for RDF graph structural equivalence and merging graphs (renaming nodes as needed to "free variable" type conflicts). I'm currently working on designing some modules for doing simple queries and inferences on the RDF data.

#g

------------------- Graham Klyne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> PGP: 0FAA 69FF C083 000B A2E9 A131 01B9 1C7A DBCA CB5E