On 28/02/2004, at 1:30 AM, Per Larsson wrote:

In my humble opionon explicit module prefixes are a feature, which enhance
code clarity, and not something you want get rid of using rather complex
namespace extensions. However, as Alastair Reid's mail in this thread
indicates there are weaknesses in haskell's export mechanism. But these would
be far more easy to fix than introducing the suggested per type namespace
extension.

Sorry, I don't buy this. If there is effort made to improve the module system to cope with the problems Alastair mentioned, we still have to write 'import FiniteMap as FM' followed by 'FM.add fm', instead of simply 'fm.add'. We fix the problems Alastair mentioned, but are still left with an less-than-optimal solution.

-- % Andre Pang : trust.in.love.to.save