Ah, I see... Thats basically the same problem as overlapping instances then...
(Which we have - but I try to avoid except where unavoidable...). Still, It seems
it could be a good 'optional' feature.

   Keean.

Lennart Augustsson wrote:

Keean Schupke wrote:

Daan Leijen wrote:

You are right, I feel like that too: one should expect that the type checker can figure this out, and perhaps it is even really useful. On the other hand, suppose you decide later to export the class, and suddenly your code would no longer type check.

I must have missed a mail... how could adding an export change the code?

If you export the class you can add another instance to it.  And now
my type variable would really be ambiguous.

-- Lennart