Wolfgang Jeltsch wrote:

The potential of newsgroup was also mentioned - creating of
compl.lang.haskell, but I won't comment of it considering that the
newsgroup cannot be one & all solution, and, otoh, does not, imho, provide
any substantial advantage over the other three forms (we already have lists
& irc, and forums come 'for free' with CMS).

As long as newsgroups are not substantially worse than the three other communication forms, you should list them. Otherwise you could also leave out mailing lists or, ehm, forums with the same justification.
IMO, newsgroups are substantially /better/. You can supersede and cancel, client software generally provide the necessary functionality for threading, sites can get a feed and have a local mirror.

Gmane, which integrates newsgroups, mailing lists and a web front end seems like a very good choice.

(IRC and Wiki are substantially different that integration doesn't make much sense, IMO)

-k