Hello,

It is now official. Haskell.org is a mentoring organization for this year's Summer of Code programme.

You can see it listed on the official site <http://code.google.com/soc/> clicking on `Haskell.org (ideas)' you'll be directed to the trac site we are setting up. (It's 4 AM and I've just finished adding the projects, and cleaning things up a bit.)

I am _very_ happy about seeing this project working out for real. I fear that I wouldn't be able to reach everybody even mailing all the important mailing list; I hope many students will be able to take advantage of this great occasion. Help me spread the word, tell everybody about the project :-)

You can find the new site here <http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/summer-of-code/>, the StartPage will be updated with details during the program.

Projects ideas and volunteers for mentoring are still very much welcome! students' application period starts on May 1.

Thanks very much for the support, hope to hear thoughts and proposals,
Paolo.