I have written a prototype tool that is similar in spirit, and in some of its workings, to QuickCheck, but based on exhaustive testing in a bounded space of test values. Sales pitch: wouldn't you like to ...
* write test generators for your own types more easily?
* be sure that any counter-examples found are minimal? (##)
* write properties using existentials as well as universals?
* establish complete coverage of a defined test-space?
* display counter-examples of functional type? (##)
* guarantee repeatable test results? (##)
For more details and a Haskell 98 module SmallCheck download the small tar file at:
http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/fp/smallcheck0.0.tar
If you try it, do let me know how you get on. Comments & suggestions welcome.
Colin R
--------
(##) There have been versions of QuickCheck with extras that address these issues in other ways.