slow and lazy... that's me, too. but haskell is not slow.

how about an octopus?

there are some kinds (or all?), which are more chameleon like than real
chameleons; they can look like strange fishes, stones, or whatever.
they have a decentralized brain (like multi core), are really intelligent (can
even open cucumber glasses, but probably not 100 bottles of beer) and are from
the stronger types of animals; strong because they save their energy (glucose
and oxygen) in their blood for times when they need it -- like being lazy but
fast.
they can swim backwards and can squeeze themself through holes of the size of
their own eyes -- reminds me of javascript as backend.
and they are funny and cool: they squirt water at you like dolphins -- the
"Quotes of the Week" are funny and cool, too, but you have to wet yourself.

imho, you can compare them to handy parrots (but mute) with colour/sign
language and chameleon features. and they know some ninja arts; inky, but
ninjas are cool.

some videos:
The Indonesian Mimic Octopus <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8oQBYw6xxc>
One Very Clever Octopus <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLLQOK1gZE4>
Skilled octopus opens bottles <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfRqYjv9QgA>
Octopus escaping through a one inch hole
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-azBDt0kik>
Wow! Giant octopus - extreme animals - BBC wildlife
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwAqhThd_EQ>
Pulpos: suave inteligencia (Octopus intelligence)
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8cf7tPoN5o>

- marc