PERFORMANCE CALL

The ACM SIGPLAN Workshop on Functional Art, Music, Modeling, and Design (FARM)
at the International Conference on Functional Programing (ICFP) is seeking
audio/visual works that utilize functional programming techniques. Submissions
need not be completely made with functional techniques - hybrid works are also
welcome. Both fixed media and interactive systems are welcome, and we encourage
a creative interpretation of what ‘performance’ means in order to encompass a
truly broad range of creative functional endeavors. We also encourage
submissions from people of all backgrounds – students, hobbyists, and
professionals alike.

Submission deadline: August 1, 2020 (notification to take place on a rolling
basis)
Workshop date: August 28, 2020
Fees: none
Location: online-only
Submission materials: a sample recording (audio or video) and a description
explaining how functional programming was involved in the work.
Submission link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=farm2020
Send any questions to Donya Quick (donyaqu...@gmail.com)

FARM invites a diverse range of functionally-themed submissions including
music, video, dance, and performance art. We encourage both risk-taking
proposals that push forward the state of the art and refined presentations of
highly developed practice. There are no submission/registration fees for FARM
performers.

Due to current travel restrictions and social distancing guidelines, all
performances will be held online.  Details of the exact technological
accommodations available for this at ICFP are still forthcoming. As such,
creating recordings of live audio/visual works as a backup option is strongly
encouraged.