At the Parallel Computing Systems (PCS) group at the Informatics Institute (IvI) of the University of Amsterdam (UvA) we are looking for a PhD candidate or postdoctoral researcher in the area of programming language technology, compilation and run-time systems for adaptively morphing cyber-physical systems.

The successful candidate will conduct research in the context of the EU-funded Horizon-2020 project ADMORPH, coordinated by the University of Amsterdam. He or she will work under the supervision of Dr Clemens Grelck and Dr Andy Pimentel and is expected to address the programming language technology dimension of ADMORPH. We are developing a domain-specific language (DSL) that will combine functional dependencies with extra-functional requirements, expectations and strategies regarding fault-tolerance, timing, security, quality-of-service, etc. Our goal in the ADMORPH project is to refine the DSL to address robustness against hardware failure and cyber attack.

More information on the planned research as well as on the formalities of the position can be found at the official vacancy site:

https://www.uva.nl/en/content/vacancies/2020/07/20-420-researcher-in-programming-language-technology-for-adaptive-cyber-physical-systems.html?z

Closing date: July 29, 2020.

For informal inquiries, please contact:
 Dr Clemens Grelck <c.gre...@uva.nl>.

Dr Clemens Grelck                                     Science Park 904
Associate Professor                                   1098XH Amsterdam
Programme Director MSc Software Engineering                Netherlands

University of Amsterdam
Institute for Informatics                        T +31 (0) 20 525 8683
Systems and Networking Lab                       F +31 (0) 20 525 7490
Parallel Computing Systems Group

Office C3.109                             staff.fnwi.uva.nl/c.u.grelck