Hi all,

With this e-mail I would like to draw your attention towards the vacancy "PhD
position in Software Language Engineering" that is currently available at the
Informatics Institute of the University of Amsterdam (closing date February
15th).

https://www.uva.nl/en/content/vacancies/2020/12/20-782-phd-position-in-software-language-engineering.html

Are you interested in this position? Or do you know someone who might be
interested? Please feel free to contact me directly or to forward this e-mail.

The position offers a large degree of freedom and the topic of research can be
discussed.
Potential candidates can send me their own project proposals touching upon one
or more of the following topics:

- Modular language definition and implementation in meta-languages, language
workbenches and/or host languages for embedded languages
- Component-based language definitions
- Generalized parsing and disambiguation
- (Modular) operational semantics and definitional interpreters
- Rapid prototyping of domain-specific languages
- Development environments for exploratory programming (e.g. notebooks and
REPLs)

Relevant terms, techniques, and technologies: attribute grammars, functional
programming, (generalized) LL/LR parsing, structural operational semantics,
static analyses, term rewriting, compilation, interpretation, language design,
modularity, monads, algebraic effects

For information about the offer, the Informatics Institute, and the University
of Amsterdam I refer to the vacancy description linked to above.

Kind regards,
Thomas van Binsbergen
Assistant Professor, University of Amsterdam
Email: l.t.vanbinsber...@uva.nl
Twitter: https://twitter.com/lthomasvb