Dear Colleagues,
As Guest Editor, I cordially invite you to submit a manuscript for
consideration and possible publication in a Special Issue "Security Measures in
Vehicular Ad-Hoc Networks" to be published in the journal Electronics (IF
2.412) (ISSN 2079-9292) (https://www.mdpi.com/journal/electronics/).

The Vehicular Ad-Hoc Network (VANET) is a self-organised ad-hoc network that
can be formed by connecting vehicles with other vehicles on the road and with
static infrastructure such as crossroads or parking lots. VANET allows its
users to share their information and knowledge about road conditions, events,
and traffic. Analysing data from this type of network allows road safety to be
increased efficiently by controlling crises on the road and supports traffic
management thanks to Internet access for drivers and software developers.
However, just like any network, VANET is exposed to attacks and attempts to
gain access to data that are generated and transferred between network elements.
Therefore, it has become necessary to design, develop, and extend the
appropriate security methods, mechanisms and tools for VANET to protect and
secure data exchanged between the network nodes, and, consequently, to secure
its users and protect them against incorrect information, misinformation, and
delays in information sending.
This Special Issue aims to present a collection of papers that address problems
in the methods, mechanisms, and tools for securing the VANETs and their users
by exploring aspects such as security design, architectures, deployment,
routing, and protocols.
Topics of interest include but not are limited to security methods and
mechanics for vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) and vehicle-to-infrastructure (V2I)
communication environments, protective methods against any form of security
attack (e.g., DoS attack, timing attack, man-in-the-middle attack, Bogus,
Sybil, Black, Worm and Gray Hole attack), the security of routing protocols,
security and privacy methods for availability, confidentiality, data
integration, authentication, and access control.

The manuscript submission deadline is 31 August 2021. We will process your
paper in time once we receive your submission. For more details please visit
the Special Issue website:

https://www.mdpi.com/journal/electronics/special_issues/security_measures

The topics include but are not limited to:

  *   Security and privacy methods and mechanics
  *   Authentication and access control
  *   Security of routing protocols
  *   Data availability
  *   Confidentiality and integration
  *   Cryptography
  *   Vanet architecture for security
  *   V2v and v2i communication security

Please share this invitation with your team members and colleagues; co-authors
are most welcome. Please let me know as soon as possible if you are interested
in submitting a manuscript for this Special Issue with tentative title and
abstract. Your contribution would be most welcome.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

With kind regards,

Guest Editors

Prof. Dr. Aneta Poniszewska-Maranda

Institute of Information Technology,

Lodz University of Technology, 90-924 Lodz, Poland

________________________________
[Politechnika Łódzka / Lodz University of Technology]           [Facebook]
<https://www.facebook.com/Politechnika.Lodzka/>      [Twitter]
<https://twitter.com/p_lodz_pl>       [Youtube]
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbBnxpxg1DbSrIBwvebJghg>    [Linkedin]
<https://www.linkedin.com/school/politechnika-łódzka/>
Treść tej wiadomości zawiera informacje przeznaczone tylko dla adresata. Jeżeli
nie jesteście Państwo jej adresatem, bądź otrzymaliście ją przez pomyłkę,
prosimy o powiadomienie o tym nadawcy oraz trwałe jej usunięcie.

This email contains information intended solely for the use of the individual
to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or if you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it from
your system.