I need not, I think, paint you a picture. This one is simple and, of course, typical of open sores.

If qemu has not grabbed my mouse/keyboard (and maybe if it has, I wouldn't be surprised) it will, when running under whatever passes for a window manager on my laptop these days, quit without hesitation, deviation or repetition when I press Alt-F4. There are places in the world where "Are you sure?" messages should be taken out and tortured before being shot. This is not one of them.

And while I'm on the subject, qemu has an in-built console. If you type help it lists all the commands you can use. It lists more than one screen's worth and does not, as far as I can see, let you use a pager or view the contents which have scrolled off the top.

Matthew