As for importance, it depends on your application but readout distortion is
typically quite small. Btw, we’ve observed that the scanner re-shimming often
happens between the fieldmap and the structural scans if the scanner operator
is not well-educated for the importance of preventing re-shimming. In such
cases, I think it is better to disable the readout distortion correction in the
PreFreeSurferPipeline.

Gordon