From: <Book>, Gregory <gregory.b...@hhchealth.org>
Date: Monday, December 15, 2014 8:38 AM
To: "hcp-users@humanconnectome.org" <hcp-users@humanconnectome.org>
Subject: [HCP-Users] spin echo phase encoding direction

I have another question about the spin echo images, hopefully this will be my last question!

It turns out that we’ve been collecting our spin echo images with the “Invert RO/PE Polarity” option selected, which apparently inverts the phase encoding direction 180deg, but does not record this to the DICOM header. We’ve been collecting the EPI images without this inversion.

So, for our data:

EPI is A>>P

“A>>P” SE is actually P>>A

“P>>A” SE is actually A>>P

Would we be able to use the spin echo correction if we simply switched the positive and negative images? So, would this work for our data?

TaskList=”task1”

PhaseEncodeList=”y-“

SpinEchoPositiveImage=”the P>>A labeled image (actually acquired A>>P)”

SpinEchoNegativeImage=”the A>>P labeled image (actually acquired P>>A)”

-G

Gregory Book

Senior Technology Manager

Olin Neuropsychiatry Research Center, Institute of Living, Hartford Hospital

200 Retreat Avenue

Hartford, CT 06106

Tel: 860-545-7267 Fax: 860-545-7797

gregory.b...@hhchealth.org

http://nidb.sourceforge.net

This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message, including any attachments.