The medial wall ROIs are ${StudyFolder}/${Subject}/MNINonLinear/fsaverage_LR32k/${Subject}.${Hemisphere}.atlasroi.32k_fs_LR.shape.gii.

Peace,

Matt.

From: Timothy Coalson <tsc...@mst.edu>
Date: Friday, February 27, 2015 at 6:44 PM
To: Marta Moreno <mmorenoort...@icloud.com>
Cc: "hcp-users@humanconnectome.org" <hcp-users@humanconnectome.org>
Subject: Re: [HCP-Users] creati cifti from nifti1

We are going to need a bit more information than that, I don't know what you mean by "subcortical data is not separated from the surface", do you mean that the cortex data is represented in voxels in the cifti file also?

You should be using the -left-metric and -right-metric options for the surface data (and -roi-left and -roi-right options to exclude the medial wall), and -volume with a label volume that has only the subcortical labels of interest in it, that is, it should not have CORTEX_LEFT and CORTEX_RIGHT labels (unless you want the cortex data to be represented as voxels also).

If you want to do comparisons between it and the HCP released data, you'll likely want to use the medial wall rois and label volume that we use for our grayordinate space, rather than files derived from the subject.  The surface ROIs can be retrieved from an existing HCP cifti file with -cifti-separate using the -metric and -roi options.  The volume label file exists in HCP subject directories (I don't know if it exists somewhere else also), here:

${StudyFolder}/${SubjectID}/MNINonLinear/ROIs/Atlas_ROIs.2.nii.gz

Tim