I’m puzzled by that as well, unless you don’t have write permission to the location which can mess things up.

Peace,

Matt.

From: Yizhou Ma <maxxx...@umn.edu>
Date: Sunday, March 8, 2015 at 12:07 AM
To: "hcp-users@humanconnectome.org" <hcp-users@humanconnectome.org>
Subject: [HCP-Users] Fwd: Difficulties reading cifti into matlab with ft_read_cifti or ciftiopen

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Yizhou Ma <maxxx...@umn.edu>
Date: Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 12:07 AM
To: "Glasser, Matthew" <glass...@wusm.wustl.edu>

Hi Dr. Glasser,

I moved everything I need to open under the /bin just to make sure that I did not mess up with the path.

An update: I am now able to use most .dscalar and .dtseries files for participants with ciftiopen. Yet I don't know what I did to get it right. I also succeeded in open "melodic_IC.dscalar.nii" for ICA d=50, yet I got the same error for "melodic_IC.dscalar.nii" for ICA d=25. This inconsistency confuses me.

Best,
Cherry