The AR(1) correction is a scaling applied during the r-to-z transformation

This is from nets_netmats.m

RtoZcorrection=1/std(grotZ);
netmats=0.5*log((1+netmats)./(1-netmats))*RtoZcorrection;

So, if you knew the value of RtoZcorrection you could convert the HCP distributed netmats back to r-value.  BUT, that value wasn't saved.

If you want the netmats expressed as correlations (r-values) why not just run:

ts_dir='PATH_TO_TIMESERIES';
nRuns = 4;
ts = nets_load(ts_dir,0.72,1,nRuns);
netmat1 = nets_netmats(ts,0,'corr');  %% Second argument 0, to leave netmats as r

It takes a little bit of time, but not *that* much, and you only need to do it once.  If I recall correctly, when I did it on the full set of time-series from the HCP 500 release, it took something like an hour or two total for the nets_load and nets_netmats steps.

cheers,
-MH

--
Michael Harms, Ph.D.
Conte Center for the Neuroscience of Mental Disorders