1 and 2 performed similarly when we compared them.  3 is not a good idea, as
GRE images have signal dropout that is asymmetric and will mess up the
registration that underlies the reversed phase encoding direction method.

Matt.

From:
<hcp-users-boun...@humanconnectome.org<mailto:hcp-users-boun...@humanconnectome.org>>
 on behalf of Chris Filo Gorgolewski
<krzysztof.gorgolew...@gmail.com<mailto:krzysztof.gorgolew...@gmail.com>>
Date: Monday, October 5, 2015 at 6:25 PM
To: "Harms, Michael" <mha...@wustl.edu<mailto:mha...@wustl.edu>>
Cc: Hcp Users
<hcp-users@humanconnectome.org<mailto:hcp-users@humanconnectome.org>>
Subject: Re: [HCP-Users] Use of spin-echo EPI scans for distortion correction
of fMRI data

Thank you for the clarification!

A quick follow up question. Do you know of any systematic comparison of:

1) standard fieldmap (two pairs of phase and magnitude images)
2) fieldmap derived from a pair of spin echo images with opposite phase
encoding directions
3) fieldmap derived from a pair of gradient echo images with opposite phase
encoding directions (for example the reference images - SBRef)

?

Best regards,
Chris

On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 4:04 PM, Harms, Michael