Hi, Cherry,

As far as I know, the fastest way to download HCP data is still through the
Aspera client (unless you’re doing your computing on Amazon AWS, see below).
The best guide to this would be the Python tutorial here:
https://wiki.humanconnectome.org/display/DataUse/Exploring+ConnectomeDB+with+Python

<https://wiki.humanconnectome.org/display/DataUse/Exploring+ConnectomeDB+with+Python>
 . Please do note that I haven’t updated or even looked at this tutorial in a
year (I don’t work for HCP anymore) so it’s possible something has broken in
the meantime. If you run into trouble, please send email describing the problem
to this list and maybe someone else will respond before I get a chance.

The data are also hosted on Amazon S3. There are instructions here:
https://wiki.humanconnectome.org/display/PublicData/Connecting+to+Connectome+Data+via+AWS

<https://wiki.humanconnectome.org/display/PublicData/Connecting+to+Connectome+Data+via+AWS>
 that don’t appear to get into the details of accessing via the command line.
Searching the archives for this list show some hints and fragments but I don’t
see a specific command line tutorial.

Good luck!
Kevin