Hi everyone,

i am trying for the MEG practicals to downsample a 32K dconn fMRI group
functional connectivity cifti:

HCP_S900_820_rfMRI_MSMAll_groupPCA_d4500ROW_zcorr.dconn.nii

into a dconn cifti in the 4K space that we use in the MEG analysis in OT4.

I am trying to use cifti-resample to do so. I know i have to use it
twice, once along COLUMN and then along ROW directions.

However I am not sure how to set the cifti-resample input arguments
correctly.

I have the following files :

Input functional connectivity file from fMRI in 32K space:
HCP_S900_820_rfMRI_MSMAll_groupPCA_d4500ROW_zcorr.dconn.nii

Input Sphere Left (32K space): S900.L.sphere.32k_fs_LR.surf.gii

Input Sphere Right (32K space): S900.R.sphere.32k_fs_LR.surf.gii

Output Sphere Left (4K space): Sphere.4k.L.surf.gii

Output Sphere Right (4K space): Sphere.4k.R.surf.gii

I have a "template" (not sure if it is actually suitable for a template)
dconn file in the 4K space, called testtemplate4K.dconn.nii. This is a
just a dconn file of functional connectivity computed directly from MEG
data in the 4K space.

The issue is that the 32K functional connectivity matrix contains
connectivity between all vertices , in both left and right hemispheres
and i am not sure if such a connectivity file can be divided into left
and right. So this file is defined over both hemispheres.

Then I have the input and output spaces defined with sphere files,
different for left and right hemispheres.

After reading the description of cifti-resample I tried running the
following (with wb_command 1.2):

wb_command -cifti-resample
HCP_S900_820_rfMRI_MSMAll_groupPCA_d4500ROW_zcorr.dconn.nii COLUMN
testtemplate4K.dconn.nii COLUMN ADAP_BARY_AREA CUBIC
testdconnresamp1.dconn.gii -left-spheres
S900.L.sphere.32k_fs_LR.surf.gii Sphere.4k.L.surf.gii -right-spheres
S900.R.sphere.32k_fs_LR.surf.gii Sphere.4k.R.surf.gii

and i got the error:

ERROR: left area data is missing

I thought that the left area data is in the input dconn 32K dconn cifti.

Could you please have a look in the above command and advice on what i
am doing wrong?

Thank you very much

Best

Giorgos