That error actually means that the grayordinate space isn't the same -
either there is no volume data in one of them, or medial wall masks weren't
used, or the ROIs were different, or...

I'm not familiar with a dlabel form of the aparc file, but as the filename
suggests that it is surface-based for cortex, you should be able to use
-cifti-parcellate to do what you want, followed by -cifti-convert -to-text
to get it as a text form.  The output of -cifti-parcellate is a parcellated
cifti file, which also contains the metadata required to display the area
averages as patches of color on the surfaces (and in volume if there are
volume parcels).  The -cifti-parcellate command is a bit more forgiving in
that it should work as long as the surface resolution and volume space (if
the dlabel has volume data) are matched up.

Note that if the dlabel file does not distinguish between left and right
labels, then the parcellated output for areas will be averaged across both
hemispheres.

Tim