From: Harms, Michael [mha...@wustl.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2017 11:01 AM
To: Xavier Guell Paradis; hcp-users@humanconnectome.org
Subject: Re: [HCP-Users] Very large z values for task contrasts in
S900_ALLTASKS_level3_zstat file: what does this mean in terms of statistical
significance?

Yes.

--
Michael Harms, Ph.D.
Conte Center for the Neuroscience of Mental Disorders

From:
<hcp-users-boun...@humanconnectome.org<mailto:hcp-users-boun...@humanconnectome.org>>
 on behalf of Xavier Guell Paradis <xavie...@mit.edu<mailto:xavie...@mit.edu>>
Date: Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 9:59 AM
To: Michael Harms <mha...@wustl.edu<mailto:mha...@wustl.edu>>,
"hcp-users@humanconnectome.org<mailto:hcp-users@humanconnectome.org>"
<hcp-users@humanconnectome.org<mailto:hcp-users@humanconnectome.org>>
S900_ALLTASKS_level3_zstat file: what does this mean in terms of statistical
significance?

Dear Michael,
Thank you so much for all your help. I have seen that for each task, each
subject has multiple cope1 files (under different cope folders; for example for
the EMOTION task subject 100206 has the following folders, each with a
cope1.dtseries.nii file: cope1.feat, cope2.feat, cope3.feat, cope4.feat,
cope5.feat, cope6.feat). The Contrasts.txt file for EMOTION shows the
following: FACES, SHAPES, FACES-SHAPES, neg_FACES, neg_SHAPES, SHAPES-FACES.

If I am interested in FACES-SHAPES, should I use the cope1.dtseries.nii file
that is inside the cope3.feat folder (given that FACES-SHAPES is the third
contrast listed in the Contrasts.txt file)?

Thank you,
Xavier.
________________________________
S900_ALLTASKS_level3_zstat file: what does this mean in terms of statistical
significance?

No, we were proposing this:
M = cifti map of mean(of Level 2 individual subject copes)
S = cifti map of std(of Level 2 individual subject copes)

Cohen’s d = M/S

cheers,
-MH

--