From:
<hcp-users-boun...@humanconnectome.org<mailto:hcp-users-boun...@humanconnectome.org>>
 on behalf of "Poppe, Andrew"
<andrew.po...@hhchealth.org<mailto:andrew.po...@hhchealth.org>>
Date: Monday, February 20, 2017 at 9:28 AM
To: "hcp-users@humanconnectome.org<mailto:hcp-users@humanconnectome.org>"
<hcp-users@humanconnectome.org<mailto:hcp-users@humanconnectome.org>>
Subject: [HCP-Users] Comparing ICA-FIX results to results without ICA-FIX

Hello,

Our group is trying to decide if, and to what extent, using ICA-FIX improves
GLM results in our data analysis. We analyzed the same data with the same
models once using FIX prior to calculating stats and again without using FIX.

We want to know how we might compare the two.

One idea we had was to determine how well the model fit, as a reduction in
noise in the data should hopefully produce a more consistent model fit.

To measure this, I tried to use the VARCOPEs associated with each COPE as a
measure of variability of the model fit. However, because the scale of these
images varied with the scale of the input data, I decided to divide each
VARCOPE image by the variance-across-time of the input data, producing
something like an R-squared image. Another method would be to calculate the
variance of the res4d image and divide that by the total variance and then
subtract from an image of all 1's. That should hopefully produce an R-squared
for the entire GLM model, as opposed to an individual COPE.

I'm wondering if I'm fundamentally thinking about these images wrong, and
especially if there is a better way to compare the two analysis streams.
Without ground truth, is it possible to say whether FIX improved the analysis
in a GLM framework?

Thanks,

Andrew Poppe, PhD
Olin Center
Institute of Living
Hartford Hospital

Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for
delivering the message to the intended recipient, please contact the sender by
reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message, including any
attachments.