Hi folks,

I've run into a small problem with HCP script-based processing of non-HCP data
that I think is just something that' not yet come up for y'all (i.e., there
probably hasn't yet been a need to program into the processing scripts).

As context -- I have fMRI data from a few projects that our Skyra saved only
"normalized" (i.e., bias-corrected) data.  So I figured I could skip the
BiasCorrection step during fMRIVolume processing simply by setting its flag in
the GenericfMRIVolumeProcessingPipelineBatch.sh shell to "NONE".  This seemed
to work fine for one project where I was using SEBASED processing for both
T1/T2 and fMRIVolume steps.  But for another project it seems advantageous to
use gradient echo fieldmap-based distortion correction for the FreeSurfer
steps, but spin echo DC on the fMRI data (for minor, technical reasons I won't
bore you with but involve circumventing a data acquisition glitch we discovered
on our Skyra 6 months into data collection).  Using this combination, the HCPs
scripts happily get all the way to OneStepResampling before it crashes and says
it can't find the BiasField.nii.gz image.  It's on Line 135 of the
OneStepResampling.sh code that attempts to change the resolution of a
non-existent BiasField input image.

Can y'all suggest a fix?

For instance, should I just put a switch in the OneStepResampling.sh code that
skips the code that attempts to change the resolution of a non-existent
BiasField input image (line 135 where it's crashing for me)?

Or, should I insert code to produce an "empty" BiasField.nii.gz, just so these
applywarp and fslmaths steps don't crash?  (i.e., not sure where those files
are needed later).

Or, something else...?  Perhaps in an earlier step to produce the relevant
BiasField.nii.gz before it gets to OneStepResampling?  I'm less certain here
what's needed where... I'm assuming there SHOULD be a BiasField.nii.gz image of
some sort, empty or not... But I'm not certain where in the HCP scripts it
should be produced, nor where subsequent steps expect to have in that image
whenever they might call upon it.  So I don't want to blindly apply some sort
of fix of my own that ends up screwing up the final processed product.  I
figured y'all could advise to the best way to proceed.

Thanks,
Mike

Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for
delivering the message to the intended recipient, please contact the sender by
reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message, including any
attachments.