Dear HCP users,

The documentation states that prescan normalize is preferred off for structural
images, however with some coils (e.g., our 32 channel head coil or 64 channel
head-neck coil) it seems necessary to get consistent gray-white contrast in all
regions. My question is about using prescan normalize for diffusion and
functional data - there are some folks online advocating for the use of prescan
normalize in dMRI and fMRI (especially with fMRI, seems a somewhat questionable
idea…). We were wondering what the HCP people think about this, and if it was
maybe evaluated in the piloting stage.

Thanks!