Hi Keith,

The settings for volume cross-hairs and slice labels are only in the
preferences file; they are not in the scene file.

Both wb_view and wb_command use the same preferences so as long as you are on
the same computer and do not change the status of crosshairs/labels, their
appearance should be consistent.

We use QSettings (look for Platform-Specifici Notes in
http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qsettings.html) for the wb_view/wb_command preferences
and the location and format of the preferences are system dependent.  The
location and name of the preferences file will vary, depending upon the system.
 On Mac, the name is ~/Library/Preferences/edu.wustl.brainvis.Caret7.plist.  On
our Ubuntu Linux, I found the preferences in
~/.config/brainvis.wustl.edu/Caret7.conf<http://brainvis.wustl.edu/Caret7.conf>.

John Harwell

On May 2, 2017, at 8:58 AM, Keith Jamison