Essa Yacoub from CMRR sent me the following for distribution to the HCP-User
list on this issue:

"A lot of investigators have done comparisons between the sequences. Most of
this data is not public, although there are some sites that have published
things - e.g.
https://practicalfmri.blogspot.com/2016/06/starting-points-for-sms-epi-at-3-t-part.html#more

It should be noted that there are many different variants of the sequences from
WIP to Product to MGH-c2p and CMRR-c2p -and- that it is difficult to directly
compare the sequences as they have different options/features. There are many
differences from acquisition to image reconstruction for both fMRI and
diffusion. That said, I have yet to see any feedback to suggest that the MGH
sequence (or other) outperforms the CMRR sequence, let alone a consensus. We
get this type of question all of the time and what we tell people is to run the
comparison for their particular protocol and metrics of interest and decide for
themselves which sequence better fits their needs.

--
Michael Harms, Ph.D.
Conte Center for the Neuroscience of Mental Disorders