1. When TR is not long enough (~ 5 x T1) to allow equilibrium, the contrast in
MPRAGE sequence is not only determined by TI, but also influenced by TR. The
optimal TI = 1000 ms is in the context of TR = 2400 ms from the HCP protocol.
The Freesurfer recommended TI = 1100 ms should also be taken in the context of
the TR of their recommended MPRAGE protocol.

Gordon

On Aug 1, 2017, at 9:23 PM, Glasser, Matthew