Elam, thanks very much for the info.

I haven't had time to try this, and the user looking for the data has
indeed downloaded it in the meantime while on another network. But I'll
keep this info for next time.

Is there an scp/sftp/rsync route to the data sets? I have a machine on a
different network that should not be firewalled, but it's shell-only (no
gui).

-M