From:
<hcp-users-boun...@humanconnectome.org<mailto:hcp-users-boun...@humanconnectome.org>>
 on behalf of Daria Jensen <dariajen...@gmail.com<mailto:dariajen...@gmail.com>>
Date: Friday, September 1, 2017 at 11:47 AM
To: "hcp-users@humanconnectome.org<mailto:hcp-users@humanconnectome.org>"
<hcp-users@humanconnectome.org<mailto:hcp-users@humanconnectome.org>>
Cc: Miriam Klein-Flugge
<mklein0...@googlemail.com<mailto:mklein0...@googlemail.com>>
Subject: [HCP-Users] clustering of subcortical structures - flipping and
smoothing

Dear HCP list,

We’re interested in clustering of subcortical structures in the HCP
resting-state fMRI data and have two questions regarding the pre-processing:

1. We’re looking for a way to flip the data of the two hemispheres, including
subcortical structures, It seems that an option exist to do his for the surface
(-surface-flip-lr). Which procedure would you recommend for flipping the
hemispheres of the whole brain, including the volume data?

2. Moreover, we’re thinking of applying  wb_command -cifti-smoothing to the
individual dtseries files with a fwhm of 3mm for subcortical structures to make
the clustering more robust. Our approach would be to smooth across subcortical
boundaries. What would be your advice? Has anyone got advice with regards to
the kernel size? And finally, why do we need to indicate a left and right
surface file in the command? How are these files used the smoothing process
(and do they have to correspond to the surface from each individual)?

Thank's a lot!

Daria Jensen