Hi Max,

In order for us to give you access to the ASR item-level data, we must confirm
that you and your PI (and any others with whom you might share the data, lab
members, collaborators) have been approved for and agreed to the HCP Restricted
data access use agreement. If you haven't applied here's the application:
https://www.humanconnectome.org/storage/app/media/data_use_terms/DataUseTerms_HCP_RestrictedAccess_26Jan2016.pdf

As for the info on the ASR subscales and items that go into each subscale, you
would get the best, most complete information from the ASEBA manual for 18-59
yr old adult assessment, see http://aseba.org/. The ASR is proprietary, but
most psychology departments would have access to this instrument, so you might
ask locally. Let me know if you can't find it.

I'm not sure how to answer about the internal consistency of each scale. If you
mean how much do the scales items overlap with each other, then all the ASR
syndrome sub scales (anxious/depressed, withdrawn, thought problems, etc.) are
all independent of each other. This means the items that go into the scoring
for each subscale don't go into the scoring for the other subscales. However,
the ASR syndrome scales and the ASR DSM-oriented scales as groups of scales are
not independent of each other. They use the same item level data binned into
different subscales, so for example the ASR syndrome anxious/depressed subscale
overlaps with some items in the ASR DSM-oriented subscale for Depressive
Problems.

Hopefully that makes sense. Let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

Jenn

Jennifer Elam, Ph.D.
Scientific Outreach, Human Connectome Project
Department of Neuroscience, Box 8108
660 South Euclid Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63110
314-362-9387<tel:314-362-9387>