Hi Javier,

The only citation describing both the image reconstruction algorithms is the
HCP 1200 Subjects Reference Manual on pp. 39-40. The original r177 algorithm is
more fully discussed in the following that you should cite :

Ŭgurbil K, Xu J, Auerbach EJ, Moeller S, Vu A, Duarte-Carvajalino JM, Lenglet
C, WU X, Schmitter S, Van de Moortele PF, Strupp J, Sapiro G, De Martino F,
Wang D, Harel N, Garwood M, Chen L, Feinberg DA, Smith SM, Miller KL,
Sotiropoulos SN, Jbabdi S, Andersson JL, Behrens TEJ, Glasser MF, Van Essen DC,
Yacoub E (2013). Pushing spatial and temporal resolution for functional and
diffusion MRI in the Human Connectome
Project.<http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1053811913005065>
NeuroImage 80: 80-104.

Best,

Jenn

Jennifer Elam, Ph.D.
Scientific Outreach, Human Connectome Project
Department of Neuroscience, Box 8108
660 South Euclid Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63110
314-362-9387<tel:314-362-9387>