This is not an official HCP answer, but I always delete the following after
functional preprocessing:

$subj/rfMRI_REST1_LR/MotionMatrices/MAT*.nii.gz
$subj/rfMRI_REST1_LR/OneStepResampling/prevols/
$subj/rfMRI_REST1_LR/OneStepResampling/postvols/

MotionMatrices/*.nii.gz alone accounts for nearly 20 GB of the ~30 GB for
each 15 minute scan.

-Keith