This error has been reported before (WB-647 in our internal bug tracking
system).  The solution for the user that experienced this problem was to use
the version of Workbench distributed through the HCP website
(https://www.humanconnectome.org/software/get-connectome-workbench).

From some google searches, this XCB error is reported with other applications.
The neurodebian version of Workbench may still be using Qt 4 (The qt version is
available in wb_view by selecting File Menu —> About Workbench and then
clicking the More button).  Qt 5 provides better support for the XCB libraries.

John Harwell

On Mar 7, 2018, at 7:46 AM, Claude Bajada