Hi,
We didn’t create the HCP Pipeline BIDS app, and have no experience using it.
Users should be aware that the current BIDS App “hides” various choices that
one would normally have to make when running the HCP Pipelines, and I’m not
sure what particular choices it has implemented.  In that regard, starting with
the BID App, rather than the HCP Pipeline scripts themselves, may abstract the
pipelines in a manner that is not conducive to you understanding what they are
doing with your data.

Additionally, last time I checked (which was many months ago) there was no
simple process for getting HCP-style acquired data into the BID directory
structure.

More fundamentally, the “PEpolar” method for correcting the distortions expects
that spin-echo acquisitions with both polarities were collected, so that you
avoid susceptibility dropout and can estimate the field properly throughout the
entire brain.  The HCP Pipelines are not constructed to correct for distortions
using gradient-echo acquisitions to estimate the field maps, and thus I rather
doubt that the BIDS app is equipped to handle that situation either, since the
BIDS app is simply a “wrapper” into the HCP Pipeline scripts.

Cheers,
-MH

--
Michael Harms, Ph.D.