Just to expand on this, since I think I might know why you are asking.

The grand mean is computed on the brain masked volume timeseries, after bias
field correction and jacobian modulation is first applied – see the end of
IntensityNormalization.sh, which is called as the final step in
GenericfMRIVolumeProcessingPipeline.sh

There is NOT another grand mean normalization applied specifically to the CIFTI
data, so don’t expect the CIFTI data to have a grand mean of 10000.  IIRC, the
grand mean of the CIFTI timeseries tends to end up in the 8000-9000 range.

Cheers,

-MH

--

Michael Harms, Ph.D.

Associate Professor of Psychiatry

Department of Psychiatry, Box 8134

660 South Euclid Ave.                        Tel: 314-747-6173

St. Louis, MO  63110                          Email: mha...@wustl.edu

On 4/11/18, 2:31 PM, "hcp-users-boun...@humanconnectome.org on behalf of
Glasser, Matthew" <hcp-users-boun...@humanconnectome.org on behalf of
glass...@wustl.edu> wrote:

1) The overall mean of each scan is 10000, this is not done voxelwise

(e.g. like a bias correction would be).

2) Unfortunately this information is not saved.  I don¹t think fslmaths

outputs it, perhaps it could be back computed from some intermediate

files.

Peace,

Matt.

On 4/11/18, 2:21 PM, "hcp-users-boun...@humanconnectome.org on behalf of