Hi Michelle,

Greg may want to add more, but I think what you are seeing is related to the
bug in the Emotion task as described on p54 of the S1200 Release
Manual<https://www.humanconnectome.org/storage/app/media/documentation/s1200/HCP_S1200_Release_Reference_Manual.pdf>:

Note: A bug was written into the E-prime script for the EMOTION task, such that
the task stopped short of the last three trials of the last task block in each
run. This bug was not discovered until data had been collected on several
participants. Consequently, the BOLD images and E-Prime data for the EMOTION
task are shorter than our original design described above.

Best,

Jenn

Jennifer Elam, Ph.D.
Scientific Outreach, Human Connectome Project
Department of Neuroscience, Box 8108
660 South Euclid Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63110
314-362-9387<tel:314-362-9387>