Hi Jennifer,

Ok, I see. Thank you so much for your detailed and very helpful reply!  :)

Best regards,
Xinyang

At 2018-07-07 02:23:01, "Elam, Jennifer" <e...@wustl.edu> wrote:

Hi Xinyang,

From the NIH Toolbox website: Some PROMIS domains (processing speed is a PROMIS
measurement) have multiple versions of instruments (i.e. v1.0, v1.1, v2.0).
Generally, it is recommended that you use the most recent version available
which can be identified as the instrument with the highest version number. In
most cases, an instrument that has a decimal increase (v1.0 to v1.1) retains
the same item-level parameters as well as instrument reliability and validity.

From the Processing Speed Test description in the NIH Toolbox Scoring and
Interpretation Manual 9-27-12 (versions that were used for HCP Young Adult):

Scoring Process: The participant’s raw score is the number of items answered
correctly in a 90-second period, with a range of 0-130. This score is then
converted to the Toolbox normative scale scores.

With that information, I would say that the difference between v1.0 and 1.1 is
probably not consequential and the reason that you see a range of numbers of
trials for the subjects is that they completed a different number of items
within the 90 second measurement period.

If you want more information, you will have to contact the NIH Toolbox support
team at h...@nihtoolbox.org or perhaps their support is now fully switched over
to h...@healthmeasures.net.

Best,

Jenn

Jennifer Elam, Ph.D.
Scientific Outreach, Human Connectome Project
Department of Neuroscience, Box 8108
660 South Euclid Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63110
314-362-9387