From:
<hcp-users-boun...@humanconnectome.org<mailto:hcp-users-boun...@humanconnectome.org>>
 on behalf of "Stevens, Michael"
<michael.stev...@hhchealth.org<mailto:michael.stev...@hhchealth.org>>
Date: Sunday, July 22, 2018 at 9:14 AM
To: "hcp-users@humanconnectome.org<mailto:hcp-users@humanconnectome.org>"
<hcp-users@humanconnectome.org<mailto:hcp-users@humanconnectome.org>>
Subject: [HCP-Users] WM and CSF signal extraction

Hi folks,

I apologize in advance for asking a highly specific question for which I
already know there’s a better answer than what I’m asking.

Long story short -- I need to know if there’s a way to reproduce the final
output nifti volume file (in my pipeline case… the “clean” version that comes
out of ICA-FIX) from the final CIFTI output.  To explain, for space saving
reasons on our Linux storage array, we truncate files we don’t think we need
for CIFTI stats.  Because we never need that volumetric file for anything,
we’ve killed it for a couple hundred datasets on one of our R01 projects.  But
I probably need to quickly whip up some graph theory-style connectivity results
on these data this coming week for a series of talks we’re giving next weekend.
 Because that volumetric file is gone in this dataset, I can’t use the lines of
code from the RestingState.sh script that produces the WM.txt and CSF.txt files
so I can regress out those artifact signals in each timeseries (thanks to the
prior posts on the HCP listserv for pointing me to that code).

So my question – Is there some useful combination of wb_command function calls
that I can use to convert the final CIFTI product of the timeseries back into
volume space (e.g., using the surface information that we were hopefully smart
enough NOT to eradicate to save space)?  I’ve already successfully worked up
code that finds the WM and CSF loci via the FreeSurferWMRegLut.txt and
FreeSurferCSFRegLut.txt files to extract timeseries-specific WM and CSF values.
 And again, I know the better way to do this probably would be to simply
integrate a version of the RestingState.sh batch file into my processing
pipeline and re-run things from scratch so ALL the data we need for this is
produced.  But my short time-frame this week prevents that… Even on our
cluster, it’d take all week or longer to re-process >300 datasets.  So if this
is possible and someone can point me to the right commands/files, I’d
appreciate it.  In the end, these would just be “teaser” slides of new data.
But I hate showing anything… even preliminary results… when I know the
methodology isn’t as accurate as I can make it.

Thanks!
Mike

Michael C. Stevens, Ph.D.
Director, CNDLAB, Olin Neuropsychiatry Research Center
Director, Child & Adolescent Research, The Institute of Living
Adjunct Professor of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine

Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for
delivering the message to the intended recipient, please contact the sender by
reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message, including any
attachments.